Content published on any channel receives public interactions, which are any public action that users can take on content, such as sharing a Facebook post, commenting on an Instagram photo, or liking a Tweet.
Understanding total public interaction data
Total public interactions are counted differently for each social channel based on what TrackMaven is able to access via APIs.
- Facebook: Reactions, comments, and shares
- Twitter: Likes and retweets
- Instagram: Likes and comments
- YouTube: Likes, dislikes, and comments
- LinkedIn: Likes and comments
- Pinterest: Likes, comments, and repins
- Blog: Facebook shares, Facebook reactions, Pinterest pins, LinkedIn shares, Google Plus +1s
Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram also provide a metric called "engagement," which is essentially public interactions plus some private interactions, such as clicks. A brand or social handle must be authenticated in TrackMaven to collect and display engagement data.