By default, TrackMaven is set to measure performance in Reports at the brand and channel level. You can measure and report on performance at more discrete levels by segmenting content with tags, which you can use as a filter in Reports. Reporting on topics or campaigns consists of three steps: setting up tags, creating tag rules, and building reports based off of those tags.
Setting up tags
Tags are meant to help segment and track topics, campaigns, and events in TrackMaven. Tagging can help marketers report on segments of content once or on an ongoing basis.
- Go to the Content section of the platform.
- Click Add Tag(s) in the bottom left hand corner of a post.
- Enter a tag name, and click Add Tag.
You can use the same tag on an unlimited number of posts.
Creating tag rules
Tag Rules help you segment and track topics, campaigns, or events on an ongoing basis by applying tags to segmented content based on rules you set. Tag Rules save you time by automatically segmenting content for you to analyze without having you to sort through the noise manually. In other words, you can set up a tag rule so that every piece of content that contains a certain keyword gets automatically tagged on an ongoing basis.
- Narrow the content in your feed by searching keywords in the search bar at the top left of the page.
- Click Tag Posts in the top right corner of the feed to tag every piece of content that contains the searched keywords.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the name of the tag rule.
- Enter the tags for this segment of posts.
- You can add keywords and Boolean operators in the Search Terms field, so that only content meeting those specifications gets tagged.
- Optionally, edit the Selected Filters to narrow the posts to which the tag rule applies.
Change filters using the menu options in the left sidebar.
- Click the Apply Tag(s) to X Posts button.
View the tag at the bottom of each content item and under the Tags menu.
You can return to the segmented content at any time by clicking on the tag name under the Tags section in the left sidebar.
Reporting on Tags
After your tags have been set up in the Content section of the platform, you can create a graph based on that tagged content to better understand high-level trends within that post segment.
- Go to the Reports section, and click Create New Report in the top right hand corner.
- Add a content query, and select the tag you want to report on from the Tags section of the reports builder.
- Continue building the report as usual.
Reporting based on tags can answer the following questions.
- Who is publishing the most about this topic?
- How has my posting frequency changed over time as it relates to this topic?
- Who is seeing the greatest engagement with this topic
- How has my engagement changed over time with this topic?
- How did my campaign perform?