You can tag individual posts or use TrackMaven's Auto-Tagging feature to segment content by keyword or topic, as a shortcut to measuring the performance of those segments on an historical or ongoing basis. By creating tags, you can avoid scrolling through long feeds or reapplying filters to feeds and reports every session.
Common uses of tag rules are to visualize content being posted about an event, a special conference, a hashtag, or even just a keyword or phrase such as “valentine’s day.”
Tagging a single post
- In your content feed in the Content & Campaigns tab, search for or scroll to locate the post you want to tag.
- Click the Add Tag(s) button near the bottom of the content item.
- Enter the tag name, and click Add Tag.
Setting up auto-tagging
- In the appropriate workspace, click the Content & Campaigns tab, and access the Content section.
- Select content filters using the left-hand menu options.
- Select a Timeframe from the list or create a custom timeframe.
- Select the Brands you want to see.
- Select the Channels from which you want to view content.
- Perform a keyword search from the search field at the top, using the phrase or phrases to define this segment of your content feed.
- Create the tag to group the content based on your filters and keywords.
- Click the Tag Posts button at the top right of the page.
- In the Create Tag Rule overlay, rename the default tag name at the top using the pencil icon.
- In the What tags should be applied... field, enter the actual words with which you want the content tagged.
- Consider adjusting the start and end dates in the Timeframe section. It may be helpful to set the end date as ongoing so that future content will get tagged indefinitely.
- Click the Apply Tags to Posts button, then click Apply Tag Rule to confirm your action.
- Refresh the Content & Campaigns page, click the Tags menu, and select your new tag to filter your feed.