Users are able to disconnect any social account that they have authenticated themselves. They do not have access to disconnect the accounts of other users in their workspaces.
Disconnecting a social account
- From your User menu, select the Integration Settings option.
- In the left-hand menu, click the social network where your account resides.
- Find your account listed, and click the Disconnect button.
- Confirm your action in the overlay.
- TrackMaven sends you an email confirming that the account is no longer authenticated and data will no longer be pulled for feeds and reports.
Receiving alerts for authentication problems
On occasion, a social account connected in TrackMaven may become de-authenticated. This can happen when authentication tokens expire (as in the case of LinkedIn every 60 days) or when there is an error preventing TrackMaven from validating the connection.
When a de-authentication event occurs, there are immediate consequences as well as follow-up actions to be taken.
- TrackMaven stops pulling content and performance data from the account.
- TrackMaven sends an email notification to the user who authenticated the account.
- The user must log in to TrackMaven, access Integration Settings from the user menu, and re-authenticate the account to maintain data continuity.